If you’re applying for a sales manager post, then tailor your resume to highlight that you are indeed a professional who is dependable and credible to handle the job duties of a sales manager, and that is what you can do with resume for sales manager position tips we’re about to share below.
Resume Format for Sales Manager
- In your resume, show off your skills and your value proposition that will help you meet your purpose of making the hiring manager or employer realize that you are indeed who they are looking for to fill in the position.
- Choose from available formats, including chronological, functional and combination. The chronological format is for those with solid work background and without employment gaps, while the functional is for those who want to highlight their work skills on the other hand. Finally, there is the combination format that uses both of the resume styles and combining them to highlight both job history and skills.
- Make use of a professional layout. Use a good readable font, including Arial and Times New Roman, and font size, such as 12-point. On all sides, use one-inch margins, and for the paper, use a legal-sized white paper.
- Eliminate the use of jargons, but focus on job keywords instead. For your resume format for sales manager, use buzzwords that will highlight your knowledge and skills in sales, such as improved sales by 20 percent in six months or grew sales by 50 percent in two years. If you could notice, these keywords, such as increased and grew came with figures to back them up. Therefore, do not just say this and that, but also show them.
- Highlight your most important job skills related to the position you are applying for per job posting, meaning the skills to list down must be those that answer the needs as stated in the advertisement. To do this effectively, read and understand the advertisement carefully and write your resume based on it.
We’ve also written a few nice tips on how to create the best resume format for engineers, so feel free to follow them.
Write an Effective CV for Sales Manager
Coming up with the best CV for sales managers can be easy by following the tips we have mentioned here. And for the best results, we’ve also prepared resume examples 2018 that can be your basis in writing your CV for sales manager today!
Images credit: cpresumes.com, pinterest.com