A cover letter 2017 isn’t a letter that states your resume, one of the most common mistakes that job seekers commit. You should not use your cover letter in 2017 as the venue to mention the points you have included in your resume over again. Or else, you might lose the chance to showing your real value proposition for employers who are looking to see that in your cover letter for 2017.
Cover Letter 2017: What Matters
- Show off our writing style. This is not your CV and that the employer is looking to read and see your writing style in your cover letter than what your CV can show. The CV is factual and brief, and your cover letter is the venue to elaborate the most important points about you.
- The cover letter must flesh on the bare bones of the CV, delivering the points that the employer wants to know about your qualities that make you the most suitable candidate for the position. It should be able to show that you have what it takes to handle the job.
- The cover letter must be kept to only one page long and not more than that. You should make wise use of the space in your cover letter. Employers do not want to read a novel or an autobiography but wants a concise and straightforward resume.
- Use legal size white paper, font of 12-point size and font type of Arial, Times New Roman or Calibri. Save your resume in the document or PDF format for easy printing.
- Make use of action words that will demonstrate your skills and talent for the job.
- Proofread your resume. You can make use of spelling and grammar checkers, but do not rely on them 100 percent. They may not be able to detect homonyms. Better yet, you may want to use a writing service for your cover letters 2017.
- Show off your value proposition by highlighting your best assets for the job and make the employer realize that you are worth seeing for an interview.
Cover Letter 2017 Format
- First paragraph must state the job you are applying for.
- Second paragraph must state the reasons you are interested and why this company is attractive for you
- Third paragraph must state all your strengths and how they good for the company
- Fourth and last paragraph should state your availability for the interview and should thank the employer and say that you look forward an interview
Don’t know how to write a resume 2017? Follow these tips then!